Skin Colouring Tutorial My style Anime AND Chibi
READ FOR INSTRUCTIONS HERE!!!!! V
1. Colour you picture in with the base colour. You can use tools like "Magic Wand" to help you out if you like OR you can just colour the area and erase un needed colours after...
MAKE NEW LAYER ONTOP OF THE BASE COLOUR! and CLIP IT
2. Get a darker shade of the colour and apply it where you see fitted ( think of a sun on either side of the top corners ex. If there was a sun on the left side, it creates a shadow on the left and thts where the shades usually go "The opposite side of the light")
3. Blend the areas where you think needs blending
MAKE NEW LAYER ONTOP OF THE SHADE! AND CLIP IT
4. Get another darker shade colour and apply it on top of the lighter shade. make the shade a bit smaller? o-o lol not EXACTLY the same as the lighter shade or else it'll cover the lighter shade and make the drawing look less detailed
5. Blend the areas where you think needs blending
6. Finish it off by adding white where the "Light" is shining on (ex. it the light was coming in from the top left then apply a bit of white on the same side.)
Also don't forget to colour in the mouth if it's open *like the on on the picture i drew* and colour white around the eyes and shade on top of it (add shade on the top half)
some shades u can use for the eyes are "Grey,bluegrey,redgrey" depending on the colours for your character ex. My oc has more warm colours so i'm going to use a redgrey shading.
Note: The more shading you have the more detailed it'll look but don't go TOO overboard xD
And also please do not try to copy everything and try to incorporate this into your own style. This was created to help and give others ideas.
I hope this helped @.@